Founded in 1944 on the corner of First Avenue and Victoria Street in downtown Kamloops, the church's history is deeply rooted in a passion for reaching marginalized people in their community and beyond. In 1945, this fledgeling mission called "The Gospel Lighthouse" became affiliated with the Christian & Missionary Alliance and built "The Alliance Tabernacle" on Columbia Street. The building was sold in 1967 and a modest A-frame building was constructed at the current location on Leigh Road.
Kamloops Alliance Church provides a fellowship of people in a diverse and multicultural setting. The worship music team play several different genres of music. Among community services, the Church equips people to work for the glory of God.