6:30 pm Main doors open to public
7:00 pm Music
7390 Barnhartvale Road
(around 7 Km on Barnhartvale Rd from Dallas Rd)
Open Mic Contest at Barnhartvale Coffee House - 3rd Annual.
Open Mic takes place every 3rd Saturday of the months October - April excluding December.
Kamloops' Original Coffee House - warm atmosphere, excellent music, and wonderful coffee & treats
Only $5 entrance at the door. Free to open mic performers and children under 12 years old.
Concession (coffee, tea, pop, home-baked goodies still $1 each) and 50/50 draw.
Sign-up for open-mic performers 6:15 pm - 6:45 pm at west door.
Eligibility for contestants for the open mic contest at our January 19, 2019 coffee house will be limited to those acts which have NOT been featured since the start of our 2017/2018 season, including the current year. This means that there will be two full years between anyone's appearance as a feature, giving more acts opportunity to be a feature during our four feature acts evenings per season.
• Contest participation is optional (see "New this year" below).
• Audience members will have the opportunity to vote during the evening for their favourite act(s).
• Ballots will be tabulated at the end of the evening.
• The winner will be announced at our February 16, 2019 coffee house.
• The winner will be invited to perform a 45-minute set as a feature act during our 2019 20 season.
Sign-up for all musicians:
• Starts at 6:15 pm and ends at 6:45 pm.
• Musicians will enter through the west side door next to the men's washroom, to be greeted and signed up at the corner of the stage.
• Late comers may be accommodated if time permits.
• Main doors will open for general admission at 6:30 pm.
New this year:
After sign-up for open mic has ended, two groups will be created: Competitors (Group A) and Non Competitors (Group B).
• There will be a draw for playing order in both Group A and Group B; large bands will be assigned a position at the discretion of the MC and Sound Engineer.
• Group A will play first, starting as soon as possible after 7 pm.
• Immediately after all in Group A have performed there will be a short intermission, during which audience voting will take place.
• Following the intermission, Group B will play in their assigned order.
• Performers in both Group A and Group B should come prepared to sing their two best songs. If time permits, they may be invited to sing a third song.
• Musicians are to enter the stage as soon as the previous act leaves, and set up while the MC is making announcements.
• If there are no Group B performers, audience voting will take place at the end of the evening, and an intermission may take place if time permits.
• It is important to maintain the targeted end time of 10:30 pm at the latest for the audience.
• Usual coffee house rules of no vulgar language apply – this is a family event.
• Please respect all decisions of the volunteer MC and/or volunteer Sound Engineer.
Visit website for more information.